South Hams Climate Action and Biodiversity Fund
Get up to £10,000
Funding is available for up to £5,000, or £10,000 in exceptional cases
You need a crowdfunding project to apply for funding. Start or continue adding your project and, if eligible, you'll be prompted to apply.
If your project meets the criteria set out below, you can apply for a match fund pledge of between 20% and 50% of your crowdfunding target, up to a maximum of £5,000, although for exceptional projects that offer a larger impact across the district we may consider pledging up to £10,000.South Hams District Council will consider pledging towards crowdfunding targets as follows:
- Up to 50% for constituted community groups and Town and Parish Councils
- Up to 30% for registered not-for-profit organisations
- Up to 20% for incorporated locally based for-profit organisations
- You must first demonstrate strong local support by getting to 25% of your crowdfunding target from a minimum of 25 unique supporters before being considered.
- If you receive a pledge from South Hams Climate Action and Biodiversity Fund, but the amount does not take you to your crowdfund target, you must continue crowdfunding until you’ve reached your target.
- Reducing carbon emissions from households, businesses or organisations, including community and voluntary groups.
- Creating new opportunities for renewable energy - Higher levels of match funding will be considered for projects providing innovative solutions for heat decarbonisation such as district energy networks.
- Supporting behaviour change and sustainable living.
- Projects which will result in removal of carbon from the atmosphere through nature-based solutions or supporting improvements in biodiversity.
- Providing education and awareness of the Climate and Ecological emergency through direct engagement with hard-to-reach groups and individuals.
- Projects which aim to help communities and species adapt to the effects of Climate Change.
- Projects to help reduce organisational carbon footprints, this could include feasibility studies, action plans and emissions studies - (not open to for-profit organisations).