If your idea or project meets the criteria you can apply for a grant to match fund up to 40% of costs, up to £4,000 although for exceptional projects that could offer a larger impact, we may offer grants of up to £15,000.
Cornwall Climate Action Fund grants will be allocated once the applicant has reached 25% of their target from a minimum of 25 unique backers. Your project will need to support our climate emergency response through one of the following:
- Reducing carbon emissions from homes, communities, the workplace and travel
- Promoting low carbon choices and behaviour change
- Creating new opportunities for renewable energy
- Helping communities become resilient to a changing climate
- Promoting the removal of carbon from the atmosphere through nature-based solutions - for example habitat restoration (excluding any project under £2,000 in total value, these projects are supported by the Grow Nature Seed Fund and also excluding any activities supported by the Forest for Cornwall Fund i.e. tree planting)
The funds cannot be spent on:
- Retrospective funding to fill funding gaps not identified before the project starts.
- Salary or routine administration costs.
- Political activities, lobbying or campaigning.
- Projects which in the assessment of Cornwall Council show actual or potential unlawful discrimination within the terms of the Equality Act 2010.
- Statutory activities/requirements.
- Hospitality (catering and refreshment costs).
- Contributions in kind through volunteer time.
- Clothing/Uniform for the sole use of an individual.
- Funding for projects not delivered in Cornwall.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- Produce a brief final project summary (a simple template will be provided)
- Produce evidence of eligible expenditure if requested, e.g., receipts, quotations
- Contribute to news stories about the project as requested
Please read the terms and conditions here.